Calamine Lotion for Healthier Skin

Labels: | 1 comments»

First of all, there are some over priced brands of calamine lotion on the market right now, that may set you back from $5-$7. Please don't do it! I use an "off" brand called Humco; cost: $1.88 at Walmart for a 6 oz size,and works wonderfully. The uses for calamine lotion are numerous: insect bites, rashes, poison ivy/oak, eczema, chicken pox, an astringent to dry up infected areas of acne. I use it anytime I see a blackhead on my face,and its usually gone the next day! The Humco brand isn't lotion textured at all; it actually is a more liquid based product, so I pour it on a bathing cloth and apply to an area.This is a very good drying agent-I would recommend having this one on your shelf.




Active Ingredients: Calamine, Zinc Oxide and Liquefied Phenol 1%
Inactive Ingredients: Bentonite Magma, Calcium Hydroxide, Glycerin, and Purified Water

1 comments:

Lauri Hersh says
June 15, 2011 at 10:16 AM

Hi, Tave. Itching is so much a hassle that it makes one distracted and disturbed. Good thing that you've found this calamine lotion a few dollars cheaper; but it is still just as effective. How long have you been using it?